Here are some slides and videos you may want to check out while getting started or when training other lab members!
Other helpful resources¶
- Most communication among Lookit researchers happens via a Slack workspace. Fill out this form to receive an invite. This is the best place to ask general questions or get tech support!
- The documentation for individual experiment ‘frames’ lives here in the “Experiment runner” tab.
- Running into a problem and want to check if it’s a known issue, or have an idea for a handy new feature? Check out and/or add to the issues listed for the Lookit platform and for the experiment components/player. Or check out projects to take a look at what’s coming up in terms of development!
- Join the Lookit-research email list for occasional (2-4x/year) progress updates.
- Feel free to fill out the survey collecting info about what people would do with Lookit
- Our March 2020 APS Observer article which describes the current status of Lookit and how you can get your study ready!
- 3-year plan
- Lookit papers (1, 2)
- Lookit overview video
- Video data from test studies (email Kim for access)
- Photos and video that can be used for publicity
- Recruitment materials (flyers, brochures, etc.)
All Lookit code is open-source (MIT License - this is a liberal open-source license, not related to us being at MIT) and publicly available. It will stay that way.
- https://github.com/orgs/lookit/projects - software development planning: known issues, planned features, scheduling.